This policy was reviewed in light of the advent of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into law in May 2018.
Your privacy is very important to us: On this site we only collect the minimum of personal information that we require to provide the service and fulfil our legal obligations. At the same time, as vbay exists to enable professional members of the veterinary community to advertise and trade products in a secure environment, and as one of Vetpol Ltd's purposes is market research, we do have to collect some personal information in order to serve our customers. And so:
- When you register with this site we collect your personal details in order to provide an audit trail for buyers and sellers to be able to trade with confidence and in order to enable the parties to protect themselves.
- We retain personal information for a period of time in order to ensure an audit trail and as far as we are able to we keep the information up to date.
- We protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification; we only store the information in the United Kingdom.
- We are happy to discuss our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information with customers.
- And if you need any help in updating your personal information we are happy to help you.