Classified Auction Info
Keys to Confidence in Equine Foot Disease and Farriery (including cadaver-based practical session)
Part of our “Keys to Confidence” series for those setting out on a career in equine practice.
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the equine foot and of an up-to-date approach to the diagnosis and treatment of foot lameness in first opinion practice. Insight is also given into how referral specialists and farriers may be integrated into dealing with the management of cases.
Topics to be covered:
- Assessing foot conformation and an introduction to foot mapping techniques
- Interpretation of diagnostic analgesic techniques
- Cadaver-based practise session of perineural and intra-synovial diagnostic analgesia
- The role of imaging in the diagnosis of foot lameness
- Introduction to MRI interpretation
- Treatment strategies for common causes of foot lameness
- The role of remedial farriery
204a Manor Place,
London. SE17 3BN