Classified Auction Info
Effective communication with our clients is a core skill that not only improves the client experience and our own job satisfaction, but the clinical outcome for our patients.
As veterinary nurses we commonly encounter very difficult, emotional situations, that we may feel ill-equipped to deal with.
Team communication in practice can also often be rather 'hit and miss', in an environment where effective communciation really is essential!
- Intra-practice communication - challenges with effective team communication - improving this area will completely enhance your practice environment - making it a more pleasant, more productive and less stressful place to be!
- Difficult communication situations - what went wrong? How can you make it work better next time? Dealing with anger, grief and emotions, and using empathy effectively.
LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS
- Research and discussion group work
- Evaluation and sharing of your own experiences and methods
- Creation of new protocols to take back into practice
Tutor: Jill Macdonald DipAVN (surg) RVN FHEA MBVNA
Jill has taught veterinary communication skills at the University of Liverpool, as part of the CertAVP post grad programme, and to undergraduates. She also completed a 9 week visiting lecturer position at Ross University (a US university on the Caribbean) teaching both professional and communication skills to all 7 semesters. Prior to that she worked in practice as a head nurse for 12 years, and still locums today. Jill has a passion for veterinary communication, and will help you with those difficult communication situations!
* Module run dates will be confirmed nearer to the module start date
This is a 4-week (10 hours of CPD) 100% online, fully flexible and fully supported module
For more information and to book, please visit our website: www.oncoreepd.co.uk OR contact Jill on firstname.lastname@example.org