Classified Auction Info
Many Veterinary Nurses now perform consultations and clinics, and it is important that VNs are confident and effective communicators, and possess the skills to assist them in a variety of situations. Effective communication skills can make SUCH a difference to client trust, compliance, how well clients bond to the practice, and whether they take heed of advice - and thus directly affects clinical outcome for our patients.
This module will cover some key aspects of communication skills including consultations, assisting with euthanasia and bereavement, and discharge procedures.
In this module we will cover:
- 'The Consultation model' as a framework for performing effective consultations - the model has been used for years in veterinary training, and offers an excellent 'framework' for running a consultation
- Evaluation and discussion on consultation styles, problems and solutions - Sharing tips and ideas on talking to clients, dealing with different types of clients, and different situations!
- Euthanasia and bereavement support - a basic exploration of this area - Nurses play a fundamental part in supporting clients during these very difficult consultations, and this work will give you some ideas and support on how to deal with these situations
- Discharge procedures - how do you do yours? - Again, a fundamental aspect of the nurse's role - but are you doing it well? Could you do more? What difficulties do you have?
- Reflective skills - reflecting on learning from the module - Reflection is a key aspect of learning and professional development, and all ONCORE modules help to develop this skill
For more information and to book, please visit our website: www.oncoreepd.co.uk
OR contact Jill on email@example.com
Tutor: Jill Macdonald DipAVN (surg) RVN FHEA MBVNA
Jill has taught veterinary communication skills at the University of Liverpool, as part of the CertAVP post grad programme, and to undergraduates. She also completed a 9 week visiting lecturer position at Ross University (a US university on the Caribbean) teaching both professional and communication skills to all 7 semesters. Jill has a passion for veterinary communication, and will help you to reach new levels in your consultations!
Exact module run dates will be confirmed nearer the time - please just ask if you want any more information..